Seriously, wasn’t it just January first? Where did the bloody month go?
I mean, I know there was some out of town time in there, but really, it was as if I blinked and suddenly we were in a new month.
What were those goals again:
- 1 short story submitted each month – That’s 12 submissions this year.
– First submission sent. And rejection notice received. Not completely unexpected. It was my top-tier choice of magazine, but you never know what will catch someone’s attention. But *check*
- My short novel CBE will be submitted to a publisher. No more editing. This I avow.
– Well, I didn’t edit it, but I haven’t put together the submission packet. I think I need to break this down a little more.
- I will get someone to give a first read to the piece I keep thinking I need to change before I do anything more.
– Gave this one to JB. She’s just looking at content so I can see where it needs strengthening before I do too much more editing. She says it’s holding together so far, so that’s good. Need to make sure the mystery actually holds together.
- Finish a chapter a week on TBM. Currently on Chapter 16, though I’m thinking I need to double the size of Chapter 15. That’s what editing is for.
– heh. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I did expand CH. 15, but didn’t get anything more finished.
- Research and prep for my 1919 based “superhero” novel.
– Did discover that the first bullet proof vest was developed in 1926. So I can speed that up a bit if I need to. Also, found out some fascinating information on the development of forensic science. It wasn’t showing up in the courts until 1918 really, and it wasn’t widely accepted until much later. So, I can give my heros a little bit of leeway. The technology is there for them, but no ones really looking at it except in NYC.
So, now, goals for Feb.:
- Submit 1 short story. (I should do this as soon as I finish this post.)
- Start adding in the second POV on the piece that’s getting its first read.
- Finish 2 chapters of TBM.
- Research 1919-1930 period for the “superheroes.” There’s actually 2 stories being set in this time period in my head. So, I need more data.
- Finish the shawl I’m weaving for my friend’s B-day.