So, it’s May. I have no idea how that happened. I really don’t. I swear it was April and then I blinked and now it’s may.
I have a lovely case of bronchitis right now, so I really don’t know how coherent I really am. I think I’m being clever or at least alert, but then, when I go back an look at what I’ve written… it’s painful.
Still, April. What did I actually do?
Goals for the year:
- 1 short story submitted each month – That’s 12 submissions this year. (7 done)
- My short novel CBE will be submitted to a publisher. (Got good suggestions and edits back from TR. THANK YOU! I couldn’t figure out what was wrong from my perspective, even though I knew there was something wrong.)
- Finish a chapter a week on TBM. Currently on Chapter 16, though I’m thinking I need to double the size of Chapter 15. That’s what editing is for. (That’s a big old nope.)
- Research and prep for my 1919 based “superhero” novel for November. (I found a couple of guns before I got sidetracked into the political history of Norway….)
Goals for April:
- Continue my 1919-1930 research. Actually write some of it down. – erm, I have some draft posts in my blog? That sort of counts.
- Find four sources for my tea brick book. – Nope. Didn’t happen. Good goal though. I should keep it for next month.
- Finish 1 chapter of TBM – Nope.
- Submit 1 short story – Yes! I actually finished this!
- Continue to write one flash fiction per day. – Did sixteen and got 2 possible larger story ideas out of it, so I’m counting it as a win.
- Create the submission packet of CBE. – Nope, waiting until I finish the edits and run it through TR & KR (not related) again.
- Continue to pester my friends to reach their goals for the month. So we all succeed or fail together. – Need to work on this.
Goals for May:
- Continue 1919-1930 research. Finish up some short blog posts on it over on http://kateressman.com
- Find four sources for my tea brick book.
- Finish 1 chapter of TBM.
- Submit 1 short story
- Continue to write flash fiction 3 times a week.
- Do the CBE edits and get the book back into beta.
- Continue to pester my friends to reach their goals for the month. So we all succeed or fail together.
- Work on increasing my posting schedule and try that whole twitter thing again…