So, June was… really busy, but my focus turned into an entirely new direction.
That being said: Golden Fleece Press is looking for submissions. Their guidelines can be found here.
I’m publishing my first book with them.
So, yeah, a little bit of news. Signed a contract for CBE. More details will follow. Let’s just say that GFP and CBE are taking up a bit of my time now. Received another “no thanks” letter for a short story. Goals for the year:
- 1 short story submitted each month – That’s 12 submissions this year. (7 done)
My short novel CBE will be submitted to a publisher.(CONTRACT SIGNED!)
- Finish a chapter a week on TBM. Currently on Chapter 16, though I’m thinking I need to double the size of Chapter 15. That’s what editing is for. (That’s a big old nope.)
- Research and prep for my 1919 based “superhero” novel for November. (Not a darn thing on this one.)
Goals for June:
- Continue 1919-1930 research. Finish up some short blog posts on it over on http://kateressman.com (didn’t happen.)
- Find four sources for my tea brick book. (also did not happen.)
- Start writing TCC to get it out of my head and onto metaphorical paper. (didn’t do that either. Maybe next month)
- Write 1 short story. (that’s a no)
- Submit 1 short story. (Also, did not happen.)
- Continue to write flash fiction 3 times a week. (Nope. Not this either.)
- Do the CBE edits and get the book back into beta. (Last edit in process. Under contract.)
- Continue to pester my friends to reach their goals for the month. So we all succeed or fail together. (Didn’t do this much either.)
Meet with my new business partner to hash out a partnership agreement and other details.(Done and started.) Successfully hold an actual party for people. It’s a shopping party, but hey, better than not doing it.(Done!)
Goals for July:
- Final turn in for CBE.
- Write 1 short story.
- Submit short story.
- Write flash fiction 3 times a week.
- Write TCC.
- Blog regularly.