So May was… somewhat productive? Though not in the way that I was hoping it would be. It was more of an… exploding snowball as one friend put it. It’s resulted in a new business venture and well, not much in the way of writing.
Goals for the year:
- 1 short story submitted each month – That’s 12 submissions this year. (7 done)
- My short novel CBE will be submitted to a publisher.
- Finish a chapter a week on TBM. Currently on Chapter 16, though I’m thinking I need to double the size of Chapter 15. That’s what editing is for. (That’s a big old nope.)
- Research and prep for my 1919 based “superhero” novel for November. (Not a darn thing on this one.)
Goals for May:
- Continue 1919-1930 research. Finish up some short blog posts on it over on http://kateressman.com (Didn’t happen)
- Find four sources for my tea brick book. (Insert Laughter here)
- Finish 1 chapter of TBM. (Nope, I was distracted by the new shiny plot bunny that bit my ankles)
- Submit 1 short story (Didn’t do this. Erm, at the moment most of my pieces that I consider finished are on submission somewhere. Need to modify this goal.)
- Continue to write flash fiction 3 times a week. (I am woefully behind on this one.)
- Do the CBE edits and get the book back into beta. (All the simple fixes of messed up words are done. Now it’s the hard stuff.)
- Continue to pester my friends to reach their goals for the month. So we all succeed or fail together. (Sort or? Meeting with them regularly and posting to their blog comments consistently. I’m calling this a modified win.)
- Work on increasing my posting schedule and try that whole twitter thing again… (Did set up a professional twitter account. I have actually posted to it. So, Twitter is a go. The blog schedule? That’s a little more iffy.)
Goals for June:
- Continue 1919-1930 research. Finish up some short blog posts on it over on http://kateressman.com
- Find four sources for my tea brick book.
- Start writing TCC to get it out of my head and onto metaphorical paper.
- Write 1 short story.
- Submit 1 short story.
- Continue to write flash fiction 3 times a week. – I’m not going to try to catch up, just get moving on it.
- Do the CBE edits and get the book back into beta.
- Continue to pester my friends to reach their goals for the month. So we all succeed or fail together.
- Meet with my new business partner to hash out a partnership agreement and other details.
- Successfully hold an actual party for people. It’s a shopping party, but hey, better than not doing it.