MY GODS this year is just flying past me. I blinked and now it’s September and I haven’t done any… okay, so I’ve done a lot of stuff, but I’ve got so much to do from here until January that I can’t even think about it. (I’m looking forward to my vacation time in October because it means I don’t have to do my day job. It will make my life easier.)
Right now, I’m focusing on 3 major goals: The DC Big Flea for the bakery this weekend, the Book Lover’s Bazaar, and the Whole Shebang for the bakery the weekend after that.
In between those little goals, I have some other important goals. I need to start marketing for my book (date shifted right – December release now), edit 2 books for the press, edit 2 books for myself, finish my 3-Day (TCC), and I need to start the marketing plans for HalloWEEn Tales that releases in October.
Let’s see what my goals for August were.
Goals for the year:
- 1 short story submitted each month – That’s 12 submissions this year. (7 done)
- Finish a chapter a week on TBM. Currently on Chapter 16, though I’m thinking I need to double the size of Chapter 15. That’s what editing is for. (That’s a big old nope.)
- Research and prep for my 1919 based “superhero” novel for November. (Not a darn thing on this one.)
Goals for August
Return the absolute final edits for layout and copy-editing on CBE(In process)
- Write 1 Short Story – hope springs eternal
- Write flash fiction1 time per week
Get three chapters of TCC done(hit this as my 3-day. I’m on ch. 13)
- Blog regularly on all my blogs – defined as at least one post a week on each blog for the month. (um, not so much)
- Comment regularly on blogs and twitter (still making this a habit. *grimaces*
Goals for September
- Write 1 short story
- Write flash fiction 1 time per week
- Get to chapter 16 of TCC
- Get to chapter 17 on TBM
- Comment regularly on blogs and twitter
- Blog regularly – defined as at least one post a week on each blog for the month.
- Start Marketing for CBE
- Edit TCOA for GPF
- Edit FOWYA for GPF
- Promote Halloween Tales Vol. 1
- Have a successful Big Flea
- Hit the Whole Shebang and double profits from last time
- Make the Book Lover’s Bazaar a hit and line up the roster for next year.